Here we can get the clear idea about why the com surrogate has stopped working windows 10/8.1/8/7/XP and how to remove com surrogate.
The COM Surrogate named by the dllhost.exe process and we can notice its presence only whenever it crashes and then we get the message like COM Surrogate has stopped working or not working properly.
And most of don’t know what is this COM Surrogate and why it always crashing? Here you can know about service host local system. For example, if we enabled, a folder with thumbnails, Explorer may turn off and utilize it to know the thumbnails to the documents within the folder.
It due to the Explorer learned not to believe the thumbnail extractors which has poor stability. What is map network drive Windows 10? Explorer decided to get the functioning penalty in exchange for the better reliability gives in moving the code out of the main Explorer process. You may also like failure configuring windows updates. We can also know about the surrogate definition and define surrogate.
Whenever this thumbnail extractor fails, it may destroy the other than Explorer. Hence we are going to make COM to host in some other process. What is flush dns Windows 10? We can also know about the com surrogate virus and how to remove it. How to solve the no internet access?
In this way, if it fails, it’s the sacrificial procedure which fails instead of process. And whenever it fails, means that Explorer’s fears were realized. How to use the windows 10 automatic repair? To get the clear idea about is com surrogate a virus or not? Just follow the steps given bellow.
In general, if we get these types of failures when browsing consisting video or media files, the issue is mostly the flaky codec. Now we know about the COM Surrogate.
How to the Solve COM Surrogate has Stopped Working in Windows 10/8.1/8/7?
Whenever we play with any of virtual machines using Windows 10/8.1/8/7 then other time when we ran into the problem. We may right-click on the My Computer symbol and then select features and follow error message given bellow:
After the hitting on OK button, we may get the message states about the COM Surrogate has stopped working. If we click on the Cancel option few times, it goes away and now we can use what we need, but it’s quite annoying. We can know about com surrogate task manager.
It happened when we try to click on the Personalize option on the desktop and use the Control Panel. We can find some of the solutions and then use them. Luckily, one among them helped and the issue went away. Some of the solutions are given below.
Solution 1 – Uninstall Adobe Photoshop CS3, Nero, etc
Eventually, some versions of Adobe CSX and some other programs such as Nero 8 may lead the DllHost.exe problem. If we recently launched any new software, just uninstall them and restart PC.
Remember that this issue belongs to occur mostly on 64-bit operating systems than 32-bit operating systems. Badly 64-bit version software’s may tend to the issues, so ensure that we should download the latest 64-bit version softwares.
If we are not sure which software causing the issue, we can take the help of the Reliability Monitor in Windows 10/8.1/8/7 to find out it.
- Open the Control Panel and choose System and Security option
- Then select the Action Center button
- And then open up the Reliability Monitor.
- We can also enter the reliability monitor in the search box on the top right.
- Next, select the View all problem reports option on the bottom and we can now close the error History screen.
- Look at the crash results that have COM Surrogate in the source
- And then give right-click on source option and select the View Technical Details option.
- Verify the entry which says Fault Module Name as that normally says us which software lead the error.
By using this steps we can know why com surrogate has stopped working windows 7 photo viewer.
Solution 2 – Add Exception or Turn off DEP
Other possible solution to solve this error is to Data Execution or turn off DEP Prevention. With the help of the points given bellow we can know why com surrogate has stopped working windows 7:
- Windows 10/8.1/8/7 by giving the right-click on My Computer symbol, selecting the Properties, and then click on the Advanced system settings option.
- Now select the Advanced tab then click on the Settings under the Performance option.
- Then click on the Data Execution Prevention option
- And now click on the Turn ON DEP for all software’s other than which we choose and attach dllhost.exe to the list.
You may also like:
Finally, I conclude that here we can know what and why com surrogate has stopped working windows 10. We can get the clear idea about why the com surrogate has stopped working windows 10/8.1/8/7/XP and how to remove com surrogate. We can know about define surrogate.