Here you can know an easy and simple method to solve Hard Drive Problems by using Chkdsk tool and repairing disk errors windows 7/8/8.1/10.
Most of the times we affected by Hard Drive Problems like hard disk not detected and can’t connect to a hard drive. Generally, every Windows PC provides manual to use the Check Disk tool. The Check Disk tool is also known as chkdsk. You can run this tool by using its instructions. This tool scans complete hard disk to verify and solve errors and problems. Actually, it avoids huge information loss and issues in full run. The Chkdsk tool can operate based on issues spoiled entries. This Chkdsk tool can scan optionally whatever sector on a disk you are looking for corrupted sectors.
Basically Bad sectors are in two forms that are soft bad sectors, these are made when data is not written correctly, and hard bad sectors it occurs due to physical damage of the disk. Chkdsk works to solve these problems by not using hard bad sectors again and repairing soft bad sectors. It sounds highly technical and doesn’t worry. When you are using this you need not know what is happening in & out of it. Just follow the below steps to know how to fix this Hard Drive Problems.
Let’s see an example that a problem with Outlook that is suddenly crashed. After troubleshooting the chkdsk tool scan identified bad sectors where Outlook file stored. Luckily this chkdsk tool recovered the sectors and everything became normal. In case chkdsk encounters any problems particularly hard bad sectors then it can’t repair and data become useless. Actually, it will not happen but there is the possibility. Ensure that you have good enough backup routine and before running chkdsk tool just back up your PC. This chkdsk tool can support all versions of Windows.
How to Fix Hard Drive Problems in Windows 7/ 8/10?
Following steps will give you an idea about how to Fix Hard Drive Problems using this chkdsk tool in Windows PC.
- First, go to File Explorer and right-click on the drive you want to check.
- Then select “Properties” option.
- In the properties, choose the “Tools” tab and click on the “Check” button.
- For Windows 7 this button named as “Check now”.
- Then Windows informs that it doesn’t find any problems on the drive.
- Now you can perform a manual scan by using “Scan drive” Option.
- Here first scans without any repairs, hence it doesn’t restart PC.
- If quick disk scan finds any problems, Windows show you the option.
- Now you want to force it then use to the mand prompt to run chkdsk.
- After scanning drive, if there are no errors then click “Close.”
- If you want to perform the disk check, then click “Start.
- Be aware if you add a sector scan, checking the disk takes some time.
- If you want to fix errors and scan for bad sectors, Windows unable to scan while the disk is in use.
- You can cancel the scan and schedule a disk check to the restart Windows next time.
Using this Chkdsk tool very frequently as routine for every few months gives you better maintenance and performance. Running this tool abnormally shut down the Windows-like after the power loss or system crash. Sometimes automatically Windows run this tool to scan while startup, but regularly you should do by yourself. If you are facing strange problems with apps are not loading and crashing, then there is no any another method only thing is you should check disk.
You may also like the following:
Finally, I conclude that here you can see an easy/simple way to solve Hard Drive Problems by using Chkdsk tool and repairing disk errors windows 7/8/8.1/10. By using this Chkdsk tool you can easily repair hard disk and also solve problems like hard disk not detected.